* Evoqua Water Technologies LLC v. M.W. Watermark LLC, 2016 WL 4727432 (W.D. Mich. Sept. 12, 2016)
* Board of Regents of the University of Houston System v. Houston College of Law, 2016 WL 6037243 (S.D. Tex. Oct. 14, 2016):
* Search Engine Land: Bidding on the competition: Is it really worth it? In many industries, competitive keyword advertising is a prisoner’s dilemma. The article’s suggestion to negotiate a cease-fire with competitors is a high-risk strategy. See FTC v. 1-800 Contacts.
* Cedar Valley Exteriors, Inc. v. Professional Exteriors, Inc., Case No. 13?CV?2537 (PJS/TNL) (D. Minn. June 29, 2016):
* IFS Financial Services v. Touchstone Financial of Midvale, 2016 WL 4750173 (D. Utah Sept. 12, 2016)
* Merriam Webster on why the word “skittles” is in the dictionary
* WSJ: Hopportunity Cost: Craft Brewers Brawl Over Catchy Names as Puns Run Dry
* Austin American-Statesman: UT to doughnut shop: Yeast and desist
* CNN: Iceland is suing a supermarket that’s using its name
* Shontavia Johnson, Trademark Territoriality in Cyberspace: an Internet Framework for Common-Law Trademarks, 29 Berkeley Tech. L.J. (2015). Related blog post.
* Doug Isenberg: What We Can Learn from URS Decisions (Hint: Not Much)
* The Register: Simply not credible: The extraordinary verdict against the body that hopes to run the internet. Independent review tears into ICANN board and staff.
The content in this post was found at http://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2016/12/2h-2016-quick-links-part-3-trademarks-and-domain-names.htm and was not authored by the moderators of freeforafee.com. Clicking the title link will take you to the source of the post.
Categories : Domain Names, Trademarks